Shine and Succeed
Our school is committed to ensuring that everyone:
- Achieves successful outcomes
- Feels happy in a respectful, tolerant environment
- Learns to become independent, resilient citizens
- Feels nurtured and safe
- Is enthusiastic about life long learning
The policies which help us achieve our vision:
- Anti Bullying
- Health & Safety
- Relationships & Sex Ed
- Safeguarding & Child Protection
Systems and structures which underpin our vision
- Staff to Pupil ratio
- Personalized curriculum
- Support for social emotional and mental health difficulties
- Alternative placement secured if we cannot meet need
- Extra curricular provision
- Counselling /Therapists
- School Nurse
- Attendance Support team
- Pupil Premium Spending
- CPD programme for all staff
- Appraisal process
- Sports Premium Spending
Everyone is a valued and respected member of our community. In order for our community to prosper, every member of our community has certain rights and responsibilities.
- To be treated with respect
- To feel safe
- To make mistakes
- To be treated courteously by ALL members of the school community
- To be listened to without being judged.
- To respect others
- To behave in a way that keeps others safe.
- To reflect on their mistakes. To allow others to make mistakes.
- To treat everyone courteously.
- To model courteous behaviour
- To listen to others without prejudging
- That children should be ready to learn
- That the children show Respect for everyone and everything
- That the children will stay safe in the right place at the right time
The meaning of the school rules is further embedded through the use of ‘Communicate in Print’ and classroom discussion.