Food Health & Technology
Food a fact of Life is UK curriculum compliant and supports key ‘food’ qualifications.
High Speed Training: level 2 Food hygiene Certificate
It provides opportunities for students to:
- have hands-on experiences with food;
- learn about and gain confidence in basic food hygiene and preparation skills;
- learn about healthier eating through practical food work;
- apply simple budgeting skills to food choices they make;
- work independently and in small groups to develop understanding of wider needs;
- become a better informed consumer.
Food life skills comprises of 13 cooking modules: Getting to grips, Indian Express, Pack A lunch, Noodle Time, Mama Mia, Take out? Cook in, Back to basics, Simple but fun, Wakey Wakey, A Fishy Tale, BBQ frenzy, Veg Out, Impress and Budgeting.
Post 16 destinations
Street food trader
Useful resources and links